Sara At Sea

She stood there staring at the sea while her mind wandered off to a different world.

She wondered how God created this world, this world created land and the people on this land created her and everyone on this boat and how people created this boat.

The waves rocked the ship back and forth which wobbled everything on the boat. The small girl came back to earth and walked away from the deck of the boat to the safety of her own cabin. She lay down on her bed and pulled the blanket on top of her.

Soon after, she shut her eyes and fell into a deep sleep. Later that night, she was awoken by men yelling and the and the boat moving wildly from side to side. She rushed outside and saw a grey sky and felt crazy winds. All she could think of now is “I want to go home”.

The boat filled with water and suddenly she realises she’s never going to see any of her possessions again.

Amongst all the screaming and yelling, she hears a voice call out “Sara!” Sara turned around but before she could answer, a gigantic wave covers the boat like a blanket and in an instant, the boat capsizes. Sara struggles to the surface of the water and comes face to face with a small boy, also struggling to stay alive. He is screaming and crying for his mum. Sara grabs the boy and puts him on her back and swims quickly through the wild waves to a piece of broken wood that has come off the boat.

Sara’s heart was pounding and she was gasping for air. She thought to herself “this is the end”, but then suddenly she saw through her tears a stretch of land in the distance….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!