We Did It!

Boom! Boom! The explosions dropped as the children ran for their lives. They jumped over obstacles so they didn’t get injured. When they finally got home, their house was damaged and it full of holes. Their mother was worried sick. “Are you guys okay?”, “Yes, we are fine” said Skylar. Their mother hugged them so tight.

Their mother went into their broken kitchen and made them some hot chocolate. Skylar’s brother Daniel was just staring at the window hoping his dad was okay because he worked in the army. The children drank their hot chocolate. It was very cold so they tried to turn the heater on but the heater didn’t work, so they had to share a small blanket.

Their mother sang a sweet song for them and they fell asleep. Knock! Knock! They all awoke from their sleep and their mum answered the door. It was a man. The man took their mother outside and spoke with her. Mother didn’t like what she was hearing. She came inside and as she said goodbye to the man. “Mum what was that all about”. “Well, the man said that all the children are going to be sent away on a train to a much safer place”. “What! why?” asked Daniel. Because you have to be much safer but your friends will be there too”. “ What about you?”, asked Skylar.
” Don’t worry I’ll be safe”. So the children started to pack. Daniel and Skylar took their favourite teddy bears that their dad had given to them before the war had started. They had packed everything and walked over to the train station.

When they arrived at the train station, there were many other kids. Daniel and Skylar saw their friends Tessy and Brandon and stayed close beside them. After five minutes, the train arrived. Daniel and Skylar said goodbye to their mum and went onto the train. When they were in the train, there was a mean, tall lady who was yelling at a little girl for drawing on the floor. After an hour of travel they had arrived at the children’s home. All the children went inside. The teachers there took them to their rooms. Skylar and Tessy got a room together, Daniel and Brandon were together. It was a long trip, so as soon as their heads touched the pillow, they fell asleep.

The next morning the teachers woke them up early and made them wash the dishes, do the laundry, take the bin out, vacuum and sweep. They didn’t like it but they did it for one week without complaint.

One night the children had decided to go back home. They went to where the war was held. Skylar said that we should take all the bullets out and replace them with blueberries. The next day when the soldiers fought, the other country lost and we had won. It was all thanks to us kids. WE DID IT!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!