Mahi Saves The Day

Early in the morning Mahi, Joe and Steve were down at the settled water of the boat ramp. They were launching the boat all ready for a great weekend fishing trip on the deep blue sea. They started off the day by fishing in the shallows. Targeting mainly squid, tommy ruff, garfish and whiting. The trip had to be a competition of course. Joe was a young 27 year old. He had dark brown hair and stunning blue eyes. Mahi was only 23 so Joe had a bit of an advantage. Mahi had Bright green eyes and light blue coloured hair and Steve, well Steve isn’t a human he is a dog. Steve was a three year old jack Russel with light brown and white fur. The fishing competition began at 8 am that morning.
They started the day off using only light gear. It started off strong, Mahi caught around 3 squid and 2 whiting by 8:30 and Joe had 2 squid and 4 garfish. Joe was known as one of Australia’s best boat drivers of 2018 that’s why he was driving. Mahi on the other hand had never driven a boat before and didn’t know anything about it.
As the sun slowly settled down along the golden horizon they drifted away into dreamland. Mahi had slept for around 10 hours and had been woken up to a loud bang, he got out of the chair and had a look around. He couldn’t see anything wrong on the boat so he had a look outside to find a raging swell of water crashing down on the rocks ahead of him. He tried waking Joe up but it was no use. Joe was unconscious and not responding.
Mahi had to do something, but what. He closed his eyes and looked down into the water. A whale appeared out from the deep and cleared a path in front of the boat. Mahi courageously grabbed the wheel and charged through following the whale. As the storm settled down Mahi realised he was lost in the middle of nowhere.
He started breathing heavily panicked. Then all of a sudden Steve started barking. Mahi told him to shut up. Steve barked once again. Mahi couldn’t see what Steve was trying to tell him.
Then he heard a splash. He turned around and dolphins were leaping out of the water left, right and centre. He remembered that Joe told him that dolphins feed near land. Mahi followed the dolphins back to shore.
When they got back to sure Mahi immediately called an Ambulance. Mahi took the boat out of the water and discovered his new passion for boat driving. The next day Mahi went and visited Joe in the hospital. When Mahi got there Joe was nowhere to be seen. Mahi panicked and went to see if Joe was at his house.
Mahi arrived at Joe’s house to find a brand new Goldstar Excalibur fishing boat with Mahi’s name written on the side of it. Mahi went to look inside of the boat and was surprised with Joe hiding inside. Joe told Mahi that the whole time Mahi thought Joe was passed out he was really faking. Joe had tricked Mahi into believing that he could drive the boat and save Joes life. Joe mad Mahi believe in himself.
They decked out Mahi’s new fishing boat and set sail for their next fishing trip.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!