Saying Goodbye

BOOM! Guns go off. Blood goes everywhere. It looks like a soldier has just been shot.
This a book about a German Shepherd in war. His name is Ricky and his owner’s name is Ben. The solider that had been shot could have been on ethier side.
Ben’s chief is very sick. Most of Ben’s side think that he will not make it to the end of war. The chief said if he does die in war that Ben has to take over being the chief.
BOOM! Someone has just been shot again. The chief tries to get up but he can’t. Ricky runs out but the chief calls him back. Then another soldier goes out.
When he gets back he places a body in front of Ricky ….it is Ben. The chief started to cry. Ben was his favioute soldier. The chief almost said to surrender. Then he stopped. There were no more gun sounds or anthing… it was completly silent.
Then someone came who was from the other side. He came over and picked up Ricky. Ricky tried bite the man from the other side.
The chief on Ricky’s side started to call out. The man ran away.
“No!” said the chief, “First I lose Ben now I lose Ricky. Now we need to surrender.”
Then one of the soldiers said, “look: there is a note.”
Then Ben started to cough and wake up. He called Ricky’s name.
Then his chief told him about the man taking Ricky.
Ben yelled out “No!” He started to cry. He found the note and walked towards it. He read it out loud to everyone. It said “the dog will be back soon.”
That brought smiles back to everyone in the trench. The trench was gleaming with happiness like never before in war. So why did they take Ricky?
Ben kept on reading the note “my chief is very sick and a German Shepard dog will be able to make the cure. We will have to kill the dog but we will stuff him and bring him back to you. From Josh a.k.a Ben’s twin brother.”
To be continued….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!