Paris

“Jeff everything good on your side,” Aaliyah’s voice crackled over the walkie talkie.
“Yes sir, everything is great over here,” Jeff said.
“Get in positions men,” Aaliyah yelled. “3 2 1 “...

“We’re almost at the Eiffel Tower,” said dad.
“It’s so crowded,” I said. I thought to myself how perfect my life was. My mum,dad and friends all in one of the coolest places in the world. The tiny Peugeot bumped along on the cobblestone streets of Paris. I was starting to realise just how beautiful life can be. It was a lovely sight seeing the sun setting over the amazing Eiffel Tower, nothing could go wrong right except it did.…...

There was the sound of rifles and semi-autos and there were bullets ripping through our car and there was as sudden shout , it was Jake. The seat he was on was now soaked with blood and Jakes eyes had rolled backwards. “No, not Jake!” I screamed. There was silence in the car, Jake was gone. Outside, everyone was shouting and screaming in French. Suddenly there were two explosions and cars flying everywhere. It was in that moment that my stomach turned upside down. It was a Terrorist attack. Why haven’t the Police come? I wondered. We all got out of the car keeping low but there was no point, bullets were whizzing everywhere.

I realised that we were right in front of the Eiffel Tower. Looking up I could see that everyone on the Eiffel Tower stairs were trapped.

It was then, to my relief, that the police arrived. They began fighting to take control but there were just too many people to save. I silently prayed that me ,my family and my friends stayed safe but I knew that in these circumstances that’s a lot to ask for. Suddenly there were people screaming from the Eiffel Tower and there were bodies falling from there. My instincts told me I had do something but I didn’t know what to do, it’s not like I could wipe out 1000 terrorists.

“Hallelujah,”I cried when I noticed the army approaching. They were fighting back well but it was still not enough. They had got a squad onto the Eiffel Tower and were busy saving victims and fighting Terrorists. Then I realised that the army had brought four big tanks and and they were loading. From nowhere I yelled “Duuuuck,” and this time people actually ducked! There were four loud bangs, four loud explosions and 16 ear piercing screams.

The plane ride home was completely silent, no one drank or ate anything. That night, after arriving home, we mourned the dead, all the families ruined and the lives lost.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!