Dedication To My Pop

Happy birthday to you, you’re 102
You are now in heaven and you used to write poems too
Do you remember my name, I will remember yours always
Many old stories to share from your childhood
You’re checked flat cap and square glasses will always mean something to me.
The Queen is great and fair and she actually cared to write you a letter
At your funeral no one was bad although it was quite sad and once my cousin was mad.
When your coffin was being lowered into the soil, tear drops come and no one tries to run as it starts to rain.
Although everybody is sad they are a tiny bit glad that you are up in heaven.
The party was a blast and the adults had a glass, now you are up above with God taking care of you and your family.
You will always be a pop that I will remember from the top of my heart.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!