Darkness

It was time... I scamper from head to head and make people weep like babies. People cringe when they spy me. I happily break hearts. I often annihilate people. No one can see me. I am anonymous. People try to get rid of me or ignore me. It never works because I am too wily.
Ever since the beginning, I was around to obliterate. I do this 24 hours a day, 7 hours a week. I will never perish till...
Later on, I bolted into this new temple. I began my vicious work once again. No one, or no creature was terrified of me. Everything was as sturdy as an iron statue. I tried to make them shred to tears. It felt impossible. They felt too ecstatic. I thought this was the end... I did not want this to happen. I had to make this temple sob, or else... Why did this have to happen to me, of all things?
I only had little time left. I was quivering ferociously like I was frozen in ice. This was useless. My life was becoming worse by the second. I tried to denigrate it. What was this feeling I was getting? Was this fear? It would not budge. Why was it my job which had to be wrecked like this - I loved my job. It was slowly being ruined in front of me. I restlessly attempted to eradicate this wretched temple. I was ending... I held up guns, and I rapidly attempted to shoot the temple with bullets of darkness. I wanted it to die in a demonic manner. Why would nothing work? It was just too robust.
Ah... now I see why this was happening. My exasperating father (happiness) showed up. He repeatedly attempted to stop me in my tracks. The ‘Demons of Darkness’ overtook him. He began to disappear into thin air.
*******************My childhood********************
My parents empowered me to make this decision. I was always the odd one out in my family. I regret my decision often, and if I don’t do my job, I will suffer severe consequences. I shouldn’t have chosen this path. I should have chosen a better path.
***********************Now***********************
This was atrocious. I was as petrified as a mouse being chased by a cat. My life was falling to pieces. This was the end...
I frantically attempted for the final time. I was gradually becoming tired. My body was fading away into nothing. My heart was hammering ferociously like a jackhammer in my petrified chest. This was horrid. I was slowly descending at the rate of 10 centimetres per second. ‘This was the end’ I thought to myself horrifically. I was dying.
Several minutes passed by, nothing... Abruptly, an enormous box tumbled tumultuously towards me! I was trapped. It was too late...
On the bright side, I did not have to do my life-threatening job, however, I am stuck here for eternity and beyond. My name is Fear and I am a Demon of Darkness...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!