Murphy

I never really gave you my heart didn't think much of you from the start,
You came on in bursting with joy, at the very least I got you a toy.
I didn't give you much of my day, it's not easy now for me to say.
You have been here now for so very long, you crept inside and now you belong.
I didn't see you for what you are, I'm ashamed of not seeing a true star.
You never gave up on me, always a smile at breakfast and tea.
You had my back and I was blind I couldn't see.
I judged you too quickly on how you looked,
and yet now I can't let go of you, I'm hooked.
What a fight you have fought, and the lessons you have taught.
You were stoic and heroic to the very end, my deepest love with you I send.
My dearest dog my friend, I love you more then words can say,
now there's emptiness in everyday.
My awesome Boxer, you were a rockstar.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!