Daisy Darwin

Finalist in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

Forlornly, Daisy Darwin stepped along the hot golden beach at dusk. Overhead, curlews screamed, she could hear bubbling brooks, and she felt the cold breeze on her bony pinkish skin. Daisy Darwin sighed as she brushed back her wispy blonde tresses. Her search for coconuts had been in vain. Her tummy was rumbling like a dinosaur’s stomach. She went home to her mine shack. And before falling asleep she whispered, “Tomorrow will be a better day.”
Later that day, Daisy Darwin was going to have to sell her dead mother’s crystal bracelet to get money to buy food. Tears rolled down her red cheeks. After lunch stood a woman. She was dressed head to toe in magenta and she was as white as a cloud. She waved and said her name was Lavender London. Slowly, Lavender London unfolded a soggy stiff treasure map. She explained that she was lost.
After lunch as birds were chirping on the sunny beach, the two new friends set off upon the neat sea that was marked with a colossal X on the map. Suddenly, a loud snap stopped them in their tracks and a dark blue hammer head shark appeared. Its teeth were as sharp as knives and it had a humungous scratch. Daisy Darwin and Lavender London ran like the wind with it close on their tails. On and on they raced. They hid behind a huge palm tree and behind a little hill but every time they thought they had lost the beast it would come crashing towards them.
Then they tried hiding behind a boulder near a deadly cliff. The giant beast raced past and fell down down, down! They raced back to dig up the treasure.
Later that month, Daisy built a wealthy house and a green garden that provided her with a very comfortable living. Whenever Daisy Darwin looked at her mother’s crystal bracelet she would smile and think how lucky she was to have met a stranger.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!