Game Over

Yuki P.O.V
“QUICKLY, BEHIND YOU!”, I screamed at Ren. “Stop yelling at me Yuki! I got this.”, he yelled back. Ren ran up a slope and jumped off, shooting the monster while doing a 360 turn. “Wow, what a show-off,” I said to myself. “I heard that”, I heard him yell while catching up to me. We both turned the corner prepared for whatever was going to jump out at us. To our surprise, nothing did, making us put our guard up. “That’s strange someth---.” Before I could finish my sentence, someone covered my mouth and started to drag Ren and I away. I was about to signal Ren using a secret language we made up but before I could I blacked out.
Ren P.O.V
“YUKI! WHERE ARE YOU TAKING HER YOU STUPID MONSTER!”, I yelled desperately, trying to get Yuki to wake up while she was being dragged away into another room. I was trying to reach the knife strapped onto my leg when suddenly everything went black.
Yuki P.O.V
I woke up after what felt like hours. After realizing I was tied to a chair, I looked around the room in a panic trying to spot Ren. “He’s not here. You should just give up.”, said something coming from the corner of the room. “Where is he? You better not have hurt him!”, I yelled angrily. Suddenly a big buff looking monster stepped out of the shadows. I froze in fear at the sight of the huge beast. “W-What d-do you want?”, I asked stuttering out of fear. “I want you to join The League of Monsters.”, he replied. While he was going on about why I should join I managed to manoeuvre my hand to the communicator that sends messages through Morse Code. I quickly sent a message to Ren saying that I was okay but in a tight situation and needed his help. “And that’s why you should join.”, the monster finally finished. I opened my mouth to say something but before I could there was a knock on the door. “Pizza delivery”, said the voice on the other side that I instantly recognized as Ren. After a little bit of awkward silence, the wall was suddenly broken down by a strong force. “REN! Help me out of this stupid chair please.”, I yelled while trying to avoid all the flying debris. “Coming, let me just… huh? Ok, coming”, he replied back through the thick dust made by the broken wall. “Let's get out of here”, I yelled to Ren. While running out of the building I stepped on a trigger, setting off a bomb killing us both. ‘GAME OVER’ popped up on the screen. Out of frustration I ripped off my Dimensiongear headset and threw it on the floor. “URGGGG I HATE THIS STUPID GAME! Sorry I blew us up, Ren.” I cried out. “It’s okay. Don’t worry, there is always next time.”, said Ren with a little anger.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!