A Box Of Chocolates

Sophie is 12 and she loves chocolate more than anything else. She had a box of chocolates that she got it for Easter and she remembered her mum telling her not to eat them before leaving for school. Soon after returning from school, Sophie looked in the cupboard and the box of chocolates had… VANISHED! Sophie looked all over the apartment but she couldn’t find it anywhere.

While taking a shower, Sophie thought of where the chocolates had gone. She wondered whether her mum had given her chocolates away to someone else. She remembered Lilliana the girl from apartment number 13 coming to see mum when she was leaving for school. Sophie knew that Lilliana liked chocolate too.

Stressed and a tiny bit upset, Sophie went on one last chocolate quest but she could not find it! While Sophie was laying on the bed exhausted, she saw a little box from the corner of her eye tucked away under the study table. It had a MARS symbol on it. That was the only place she didn’t look! Sophie felt glad that she had found the box so she speedily ran down the stairs and put it back in the cupboard.

The next morning Sophie was craving for a piece of mint chocolate, so she went downstairs to get it. But… then she looked in the cupboard and it was GONE!!! Sophie ran back to the bedroom and checked under the table, but it wasn’t there either! Sophie was confused and she was trying to figure out whether it was a dream or a déjà vu moment.

Oh no!!! Where is it!?!? Sophie panicked a lot. Sweat poured down her forehead, her heart was beating rapidly and then she let a giant, loud, frustrated… SCREAM! Then everything went black. Sophie sat on the bed, caught a glimpse of moonlight shining through her window then heaved out a huge sigh of relief.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!