ZOG THE FROG

Once upon a time lived a frog named ZOG. He lived in imaginative land, which no human could ever set foot on. The air inside the land smelled of fresh roses, the grass felt like smooth carpet, birds were heard chirping here and there, unicorns and elves trotted around. Zog’s favourite hobby was to sail oceans and discover human lands. One day, Zog the little froggy sailed to Tahiti. When he arrived, he instantly became best friends with a frog named JOLLY! Jolly was as jolly as jolly could be, she was happy, jumpy, energetic and always had a good joke.

Jolly and Zog spent every second of every day together, they became inseparable. One day, they were sitting by the shady, green reeds having a good morning laugh. Just then came the toad bully Molly. She abducted Jolly at the speed of lightning. Zog was left all alone crying his heart out. He then ran away and hid who knows where. Jolly was now forced to watch Molly’s very unfashionable fashion show, as Molly wanted Jolly to become her friend. As every second passed Zog and Jolly sat wishing that something magic was about to happen, and they would find each other again and forever.

Jolly was now being harassed by Molly to either play with her or join in her shows, both these reasons to get Jolly to become her friend. Jolly was however not obeying and wanted Zog to come run away with her. Zog was thinking the same thing as Jolly because his heart had been broken, seeing Molly the toad kidnapping screaming Jolly. His broken heart made him lie restless.

Zog and Jolly were both sitting thinking about each other suddenly, just by the wisp of a wand, sat in front of Zog the twin wizard one and in front of Jolly the twin wizard two. At the same time both wizards said,” Ve vill grant your vish only if it is a vish ve knov hov to grant.” Zog and Jolly at the same time pleaded, “We want each other again and forever!” The twin wizards scratched their chins and replied, “It vill be hard but ve can do it.” A smile could now be seen on both frogs faces and in the wisp of a wand they found each other again.

Zog’s heart became a whole again and they sailed Molly to imaginative land, when they realised Molly was just a lonely soul and needed a friend. For two years Zog, Jolly and Molly had sailed to many different places, and wherever they went everything was different and new. Zog and Jolly decided to get married, and on the wedding day there had never been a bigger festival in imaginative land. All sorts of creatures were dancing, singing and playing music for this special occasion that happened to the two greatest heroes of imaginative land ZOG and JOLLY!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!