The Best Fathers' Day Ever!

Finalist in the 'Write Along 2018' competition

This is my story about my Dad and The Best Father’s Day Ever.
It was Father’s Day on Sunday, and my Big Brother and I wanted to make surprises for our Dad to say thank you to him.
Our Dad is the Best. Dad cooks all of the time for us, so Mummy said she would help us to make something nice, just for Dad.
Dad snores loudly (he says no, Mummy say yes) so we had to wake him. He smiled, when he saw, that WE had cooked breakfast, just for him.
But that was not the best part. We did not want to wrap Dad’s presents in paper, so Mummy said we should do a Treasure Hunt, and make Dad search for his surprises. We wrote many clues, and we followed Dad around the house and made many videos of him. He was funny, being silly, singing and dancing.
But that was not all. There was another surprise for Dad. At Prep at my school my Teacher Mrs. Biles helped all of us, boys and girls, to have a really big surprise day for all of the Dads. It was called the Dad’s Day Off. All Dads were invited to the party. My Dad came early and I looked out of the door and saw him. I could not stop smiling and ran outside to hug him. He bent down and held me. I was so happy that he came. There was lots of food and games, and all of the Dads got lots of gifts and surprises. Everyone was clapping and singing and dancing. There were so many things to do, inside and outside.
That night at home after supper we all sat down. We did not watch tv, but we watched the videos that Mummy made on the video camera. Dad looked so funny, dancing and moving around. We all smiled and laughed, and everyone had a good time. It was the end of a very nice day.
I Love my Dad!.
My Dad is my Hero.
And it was the Best Fathers' Day Ever!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!