Unawareness

Saturday of October 18th 2am:
The wind howled shattering the glass. Startled, the man woke. Frightened and unaware, he began to panic in the pitch-black room. Confused of his surroundings, cried out, “where…, where, am I?” His trembling voice faded away in the darkness. No one responded. His eyes gradually adapted to the darkness. He was just able to see his surroundings. After minutes of confusion, there was a deafening screech coming from inside the walls. Suddenly, a wind-up toy was heard walking toward him. The man began screaming for help as the toy got closer, the man screamed and screamed until….

Friday of October 17th 7:30am:
The man woke up with a terrible headache and a realistic memory of a dream. ‘Just a dream’ he thought ‘nothing to be afraid of’. It was just a regular day. He got up, got ready and went to work. The man worked in an office building, another normal day. While the man was completing some paper work, he heard a screeching noise. The man fell to the floor, screaming. His co-workers rushed to his aid. Confused, the man realised his co-workers didn’t hear the deafening scream. For the rest of the day, the man was in shock.

Friday of October 17th 1:00pm:
The shocked and confused man asked to leave work early. His boss agreed and he leaves at 5:00 pm.

Friday of October 17th 5:30pm:
On the man’s walk home, he notices the streets are empty except for a man dressed in black. As the night begins to darken and the cold winds blows he begins to grow suspicious of the events around him. The man in black was now staggering behind him. He took a dark alley to make sure the man wasn’t following him. He waited for the man in black to pass, but instead he took the same alley. The man now grew extremely suspicious and ran all the way back to his apartment.

Friday of October 17th 6:15pm:
A knock is heard on the front door….

Saturday of October 18th 2am:
The wind howled shattering the glass. Startled, the man woke up, frightened and unaware. The man screamed for help, but not a soul could hear him. A deafening scream and a wind-up toy made an entrance, to the mans’ horror. All of a sudden, a man’s voice, spoke “don’t bother trying, nobody can hear you”. The other man, startled by the voice, replied “who, who, are you?” His trembling voice faded away. No one replied. The man, bordering on insanity, screamed for help. Suddenly lights flickered on and blinded the man for a couple seconds. The lights revealed a man in black standing in corner. “Who are you!? What did I do to you!?” the man yelled furiously. “You ruined my life” the man said calmly, “so I’m going to ruin yours”. As the man said those last words, he turned off the lights and left the room, leaving the man in complete shock...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!