Jaz

The old classroom was devoid of colour and happiness, like the teachers didn’t want them to have fun. The rules were strict, and attendance was compulsory. Sick or not you must come to school. They believed if the children of the school weren’t at school they’d be killed because of their special abilities, they were right.
Jaz ran hurriedly, she was late and it meant she’d be hunted down by the FBI. They came out to get her and the other children during school times, that was why it was compulsory not to be late. She slowed down once a FBI car raced down the street to not be suspicious. The car stopped right at her, Jaz’s heart was beating against her chest, she looked up worriedly at the man. He walked past her to another child she didn’t notice before. The boy was scared and used his mind so that a hammer nearby would hit the man… it missed, the man grabbed him and put a bracelet on the little boy, the boy tried and tried to use his powers, but the man seized them. The man grabbed a gun from his pocket and Jaz turned away.
The gunshot rang through her ears. She hurried off, the school wasn’t too far away now she only had just a couple of more yards to walk.
Once she got into the school yard, the man who noticed her and chased after her was gone. It was what happened, the school was a safe place to train and learn. You’d learn abnormal things such as controlling your powers, turning into animals and such and you’d learn normal things like, English, LOTE, PE, Music, Mathematics, Spelling and Grammar. There was only one nice, kind and not-so-strict teacher and that was Miss Stonewall. She rushed past children and hugged Jaz tightly, “Thank God you’re fine!” she babbled. Jaz smiled and Miss Stonewall let go, Jaz waved goodbye and skipped down the corridor.
Jaz went to a unique school. Everyone who went there had special abilities. The FBI was hunting down them all so they were kept safe by the school. The thing is, whether you could control your powers or not didn’t matter. Ones who were born with powers were given strange hair colours, eyes colours and birth marks, making it easy for you to see them. Jaz for example, she had red hair and it looked beautiful, it wasn’t orange like ginger it was red, silky red and then she had one silver eye and one dark blue eye. She also had a birth mark which was ten shades darker than her pale skin tone. She was about to greet her friend, Jacklyn, when men, dressed in black smashed in, everyone was yelling, Miss Stonewell fell to her knees, blood soaking her white dress. Jaz was about to run away like all the other children when she felt an excruciating pain in her stomach and dropped to the ground with Miss Stonewell.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!