Kids World Cup!

Hi, my name is Connor. I am ten years old and absolutely love soccer.

Right now I am waiting nervously with my team mates in the locker room. We are ready to run out for the second half of our world cup soccer final. This is the first time our team has ever made the final and we are currently tied 1 all.

We begin to jog out onto the field and get into our positions. I’m playing striker and really excited now. Beeeeeep! The siren went to start the second half and that’s when the action started! The ball got kicked high into the air and one our players, Tim, got the ball. I yelled, “pass up the field!” He looked around to check where I was and then passed it to me. I was running with the ball then saw a defender running straight at me. I reacted quickly and ran around him luckily still in contact with the ball. I was getting closer to the goals so I took a boot right into the left corner. The ball flew through the air smashing into the net, just touching the goalies fingertips. I couldn’t believe it! Over the loud speaker I heard the commentators say, “ladies and gentlemen, number 3, Connor, has just scored an absolutely amazing goal!”

I was jumping up and down with excitement and as I turned around I saw my team mates running towards me to share in my joy. The score was now 2-1 to us and we really wanted to keep our lead.

We all got back into our places and the goalie booted the ball sending it soaring quickly above us. Liam, the best player on the other team got the ball and started sprinting. He jumped over Tim’s outstretched leg still charging towards his goal. Our defenders were trying as hard as they could to get the ball and put pressure on him but he was too good. He stepped around them and with one massive kick, landed the ball into the goal. Now we were tied 2 all with only a few minutes left on the clock.

Our goalie, Rob, wasn’t wasting any time and kicked the ball straight to our team mate, Jacob. He passed to Tim who passed to me and I was off again. Running as fast as my legs could take me. I got as close to the goal as possible before passing to Harry. He was in the perfect position to score a goal with no defenders near him. “Harry!” I screamed, “boot now!” He lined up the ball and kicked it as hard as he could. It hit the edge of the goalies boot then curved back into the goal as the siren sounded.

The whole stadium stood and cheered as we danced around the field. We had just won our first ever Kids World Cup Soccer final and couldn’t have been happier!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!