Edward And The Dark Tunnel

One sunny day, a man who is strong, brave, skilled and named Edward, found a tunnel as he was mining. The tunnel was very big, long, dark and wide. The tunnel led to Diamond Land! On the way to Diamond Land, Edward saw a miner mining a big rock. The miner said, “Hi, I’m Luke what’s your name?” “My name is Edward” replied Edward. Luke was in diamond armour so Edward thought he must be from Diamond Land. Edward asked Luke if he could come to Diamond Land. Luke said, “Yes you can come, I enjoy having a friend to chat with while I dig.”
Edward was walking too quick and Luke was having trouble keeping up. BOOM! The next thing the friends knew was the tunnel collapsing in between them. Edward was on the side that led to Diamond Land and Luke was on the side that Edward had just arrived from. BOOM! The tunnel collapsed more, with a rock falling on Luke’s head knocking him out. Soon the tunnel had filled with dust. Dust came blasting out the other end of the tunnel towards some miners. A couple of miners saw the dust exploding out of the tunnel so they went to investigate. When the miners got to Edward, they gave him a diamond pickaxe to help dig the mess away. When they were almost done, they heard someone say in a deep evil voice, “My name is Captain Diamond.”
The words echoed through the tunnel. When the words stopped echoing the same person said his plan which was, he would make everyone fall asleep forever but all the miners ignored him and continued mining the rocks that were in the way so they could reach their friend Luke on the other side. Then the trouble started, the tunnel collapsed again but this time it was a tiny bit and a rock fell on to Captain Diamond, knocking him out.
Soon Edward and the miners reached Luke, who was just coming to. When Luke woke up, he asked Edward what had happened and why Captain Diamond was in a diamond ship ready to set sail to Australia? Edward told Luke about the collapsing tunnel and how Captain Diamond planned to use a magic potion to cause the world to fall asleep forever. But all was good now because he had been captured.
Suddenly Luke saw from the corner of his eye Captain Diamond’s minions were sneaking aboard the ship to free him. Luke turned to Edward and said, “Are you ready for another adventure?”
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!