Watch Out!

Up through the dark forest the engines roar as they cut down a beautiful, large forest; meanwhile the animals peacefully resting in their warm, cosy homes. The forest is ancient but not just any normal forest, it is a rare one. There are lots of animals who live in this forest and they are very smart and through those bulky machines they see people who are also smart. Elle and her friends had better think of something and fast or they will cut the whole forest down.

By the time it was 6am all the big machines and people were gone and the animals were all still sleeping. About an hour later Elle woke up with a little energy so she decided to go for a run over to Kola, the Koalas place; Linnard; the lace monitors place; and Wampas, the wombats place. On her way, out of the corner of her eye she saw her beautiful treehouse that was more of a boy treehouse than anything but she still loved it because her friends help her make it. Unfortunately though someone had crushed it! Elle felt a shiver run up her spine. She started to cry, tears ran down her scrunched up face and started to drop on the ground. Underneath some wood was a tissue. Elle wiped her face with it and ran faster and faster saying, “Kola! Linnard! Wampas! Come out here fast, I need to show you something!” “What is it?” “Come and see.”

Through the bushes stood Elle, Kola, Linnard and Wampas tragically glaring at Elle’s destroyed treehouse. “What can we do?” “I know, we can build another treehouse with lots of room so we can all fit.” “That sounds great, now let’s do it.” “Wampas, Kola and Linnard can you get as much wood as you can while I get some flowers and other decorations. Meet me back here in an hour.” “Sure thing Elle.” All the animals went and collected some wood while Elle went to find some decorations. She ran as fast as lightning because she was extremely excited. On her way to find some decorations she thought that she would find some pretty roses on the other side of the forest so off she went.

Confusingly, Elle stopped and looked around. She felt a knot of fear thinking she was lost. She was scared. She tried rethinking about where she was but she was sure it was the other side of the forest it was just there were all these trees lying down. Everywhere Elle looked all she could see was trees, she turned around to go and retrace her steps to find her friends but as she did she fell on a large cut down tree. “Ouch, aaah, help!!” Elle felt a sharp pain on her leg. “Someone please I am in so much pp..p..pain!” Elle was stuck and she could not move her let. She had to get help, and fast…

Moral of the Story: Always stick together


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!