Was It A Dream?

Halloween. The scariest holiday of the year! Everyone is excited as us kids on their birthday. Especially three best friends; Hailey, Emma and Jake. It all started on Halloween night. Emma and Jake were going to slowly pace up to the old wooden-styled door of the dark grey house. Emma swivelled around to see Hailey. Hailey was too scared to ask randoms for treats so Hailey stood motionlessly behind. Emma and Jake weren’t scared so they strided up to the door in steps as slow and awkward like a baby just learning to walk.

Emma looked back to see if Hailey was okay because there was not a sound to be heard from her. Hailey wasn’t there, Emma and Jake were both horrified and shocked. They didn’t know what to do except ask peculiar people around. A brown-haired and dark-eyed boy stumbled up to them, with a deep-croaky voice he explained “A girl got picked up by a van and headed towards the old abandoned house,” before the mysterious person could say anything else, Emma and Jake ran like the world was over towards the old house on Hallow Street. Not another house to be seen, the old-oak creaky floor boards echoed with every step. As Jake stepped in the house, he peered at an engraved sentence that said “You are one step closer to finding your friend. To a step even closer, you have to answer this question… If there are 12 chickens, 4 horses and five people, how many legs are there??” Jake stood there working the sum out while Emma stepped in the house too and started snooping on every portion of the room. Then Emma saw a deep, dark and black hole on the left corner of the wall. “Looks like someone crawled through here.” Emma explained while string at the black hole. Jake and Emma decided to go through. At the end of the hole there was a black room with no light source apart from the other room’s lights that travelled through the black hole into the room that we were in. All of a sudden there was a loud scream and out came Hailey and Harry, Harry was one of Hailey’s friends from school. “WAKE UP. YOU”RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL,” screamed Mum. “Was it just a dream? Thank god.” Catherine said quietly.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!