Saved

I can still remember the faint terrorising screams, I still remember how happy as a family we were ...... faintly. Everything is gone (only the unneeded things stay), the thought of everything gone will never leave me it's covered me like a cold and deserted blanket that would hold me forever, my life would never change again unless someone changes it but they better hurry before it's too late...

There I was with my sister sitting under a mango tree as we waited for my mum to get back home. She had gone to do an errand that morning so she told us to wait under the mango tree until she got back. You may be asking why a mango tree, well the Mango tree was all we had left of our once beautiful home the before the Governments soldiers kicked us out of our own home they had also killed my dad and my two brothers so we were left just the three of us me, my sister and my mother.

Anyways as we were waiting for my mother to get back home I started to get hungry so I climbed the mango tree then all of a sudden I heard a bang followed by another one and another one. I quickly scrambled down the tree and grabbed my sister's hand we started running. Behind us, I could hear my mother voice as she screamed and told us to run I stopped and turned around as I saw them chase after my mum I had to do something, but how, I was way too young, I closed my eyes not wanting to see the end.

But wait what was this someone was calling out my name '' NICKA'' I opened my eyes and found my sister, mother, and uncle. We were all hiding in the bush. If it weren't for my uncle I don't know where I would be.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!