Koala Story

Flash! I wake up with the sun in my eyes and I look back at my fluffy parents, wondering what adventure awaits me today. So I look off my branch and try to find some food, but then I fall off. Scared and confused, my body freezes in place.

My grey fur stands on my back. Suddenly, a gum leaf falls from a tree so I quickly gorge it up to fill my hunger. I search for more. On my way, I wonder if I will ever see my family again. As I search through the bushes, I still can’t find any gum leaves. When I find some, they are right underneath a feral dog. The dog chases me to a big, long eucalyptus tree. I hide in a branch. The dog searches for me, but eventually it smashes its head on the tree trunk, so I run. But soon I find myself at home.

But home is on fire! I find my family on the floor. I try to get my parents up, but they’re too heavy. Creak… “What was that?” I scream, as I see the tree falling. So I drag my family as fast as I can. When the tree hit the floor, I had just pulled out my jellybean-sized baby sister.

A couple of hours later, my family wakes up and we start to run and continue the adventure. I tell my family to try to find a better tree. After hours of searching we find the perfect tree and rebuild our lives together.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!