Quinn The Spotted Tail Quoll

Zzzz… my parents were still sleeping! I was very hungry, so I decided to grab some birds and some possums.
“What? Where did Quinn go?” yelled Dad. Yum that was a good snack. What? Where am I? All I saw was a deep dark forest. I started to yell Mum! Dad! But nobody replied. It was getting dark so I slept in a fallen log.

I woke up and opened my left eye. I saw red and white furry paws standing right outside the log. I was sleeping in. I thought for a while, thinking what it could be. But I didn’t bother looking outside to see what it was. Then I realised it was my predator A…A FOX!! BIG ORANGE FOX!

I looked around, thinking how to escape. I could hear the fox licking his lips, ready to eat me. I gazed around without making a sound. The other side of the log was blocked, so I started to nibble it so I could escape. After a couple of minutes, I was half way through nibbling the log. I squished myself out of the log and raced swiftly for my life. I realised I had run so far I was on the other side of the road! I could barely see anything. All I saw were cars, trucks and people. I could hear somebody calling my name.

“Quinn!! Quinn!!” Some people had built a fauna crossing for me. On top of it was all of my favourite foods. There were dead birds and possums. I didn’t know what to do. Should I trust them or should I not trust them? But I was starving, so I walked up the bridge very carefully. I gobbled up the food and ran to the other side. I was on the other side of the road but I couldn’t see my parents. I ran yelling, MUM!!! DAD!!! But nobody answered until I heard somebody yelling “QUINN QUINN!” It was my parents. I saw them and raced to them.

Then we all ran back home to our underground burrow. While I was telling my sister Molly all about my adventure, my mum called me to say I was having another little sister!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!