Corone The Spotted-tailed Quoll

The young spotted-tailed quoll glared through the trees, finding a savage, feral dog to be stalking him. The savage dog leaped into an attack, but Corone adjudicated the attack perfectly, forcing the behemoth creature to chomp the sapling trailing the quoll. The quoll simply dashed away, hearing the howl of the savage beast. He gazed behind him, striking something fuzzy in front of him.

Corone was wandering through the gum trees. He scanned the area, finding an applique piece of silk on the unclear earth. Distress penetrated him. Something was trailing him ever so carefully. He changed his movements from a pattern to a sprint; he saw the glowing eyes that were stalking him. He was terrified. The creature hissed. He was a spy calling for backup. The quoll realised he was in a trap that he couldn’t escape from.

He centred himself perfectly, waiting for the beast to attack. One of them attempted to bite, even though Corone was too flawless for the beasts. So they gave up after a strenuous battle. The quoll wandered again always checking for spies. He noticed none. He felt safe

Corone glared through the trees, finding a creature to be stalking him. He turned around ever so carefully to not stir the creature… It was another uncontrollable dog! The quoll felt scared, he must be surrounded by them. The dog muttered almost inaudibly, “More food.” Corone chomped the dog in front of him and ran, then narrowly dodged the mouth of another. He knew he was in a battle to the death. More backup had come.

The predator knew his every move. He kicked a dog with one hind leg then ran to bite another one. The quoll dodged a mouth then got closer to dodge a kick. Did they just copy him? They must have found a weakness to his attack. He came up with a climbing then biting stratagem rapidly. He ran up a dog’s neck then bit below the chin. The quoll saw the dogs running away! He had won! He rotated around. It felt like he was betting his life in an unwinnable game. It was a pack of overpowered dogs. Those must have been young adults. But these were extra unrestrained adults.

Corone won against the harsh adults in a super hard battle.

Corone knew that he had to go back to where his parents were killed by the murderous human. He would get his revenge by doing what the stupid humans did to his parents: killing the human. He knew he had to do it. Death is full revenge. The words repeated through his mind. The humans were stupid enough not to notice the quoll trailing them.
“You hear that?” asked Bob.
“No,” said Jim. Corone knew that one of them knew that he was there. So he hopped on the Jim’s head then hopped to the Bobs. Then ran to get away, he couldn’t decease them.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!