Friends Forever

“Mum Let's go, I’m going to be late”, yelled Olivia. It was Olivia’s first day of high school and she was the only kid from her old school going to St Catherine, well not the only one, her friend Sunny was coming too. Sunny was the best at everything. She knew all the best new fashions and was the most popular kid at her old school but now things might be different. Olivia and Sunny were at a new school.
Olivia got to school and ran right to where Sunny promised to meet her. Olivia had to wait for Sunny to come off the bus. Olivia saw Sunny coming off the bus, she looked so cool and so pretty.
“OLIVIA”, yelled Sunny running toward her at racing speed. Sunny ran right to Olivia and gave her a giant hug. They hadn’t seen each other over the holidays because Olivia was on Holiday it was amazing to see each other though.
“Sunny I’m so scared for this Year we don’t know anyone here”, Olivia said. “I know we don’t, but Olivia I was wondering if I could you know”, Sunny sounded scarred as if something bad was going to happen. “If I could hang out with some other kids?”
Olivia’s heart dropped she felt like crying. “Fine”. Olivia was angry she wanted to yell at Sunny and tell her that she was her first friend, the one who came here with her.
The first period bell went off and they all ran to their classes. Olivia and all the other Year 7’s went to the Stadium and two teachers walked in, Mrs Hallow and Mr Smith. Mr Smith was the best teacher and everyone wanted to be in his class. He sang songs and he had a nickname for everyone. Mrs Hallow was mean and yelled at everyone and had a million rules and it was hard not to break one. The Principal clapped his hands, and everyone went quiet.
“OK everyone. First we will be calling out the girls for Mrs Hallow’s class Ruby, Julia, Zoe, Sienna, Georgia, Olivia” Olivia’s heart dropped even more, and she felt really bad. The Principal kept saying names but when he finished the girls Olivia didn’t hear Sunny’s name. Sunny walked over to Mr Smith then she huddled with a group of people and hugged all of them as if she had been friends with them all her life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!