The Tiny Door

Hi, my name is Kelly. I am three years old and my sister is six. We live in a tall apartment with my parents. My sister always plays with me. One day when she went to school, I was feeling lonely as I had no one to play with me. I went into my bedroom and saw a flash of light. I rushed further into my bedroom and saw nothing. I lay on my bed and then I saw a tiny door. It was a glass door with a golden handle. I touched the tiny door. Suddenly, I shrunk smaller and smaller until I was the size of the door. The door was magical. I went inside to have a look. I wanted to go home but the door had disappeared. I turned around and saw beautiful animals. They were colourful and they smelt like fresh air. I could also hear birds singing in the trees. It was magical.
I was enjoying this new environment I was in and forgot about the glass door. All of a sudden, a rabbit came up to me and said, “Welcome to the magical land.”
I was surprised that the rabbit could talk to me. The rabbit said, “Did you know that animals can talk in this world?” “By the way my name is Kelly,” I said. This world was confusing but I liked it. The rabbit asked, “Where would you like to go?”
I said, “I don’t want to go anywhere, I want to find the tiny door.” The rabbit said, “A tiny door? Interesting, I will help you.”
We went through the grass but there was nothing. We headed to the forest. I was tired. The rabbit stopped and said, “This is the way as that is the Queen’s castle.”
The castle was golden with beautiful flowers surrounding it.
We had a break and then I thought I spotted the tiny door on the side of the Queen’s castle. When I came close to the door, it disappeared. I asked the rabbit, “What should I do?”
The rabbit said, “Don’t worry, we shall find it. First, we have to see the Queen.” We went to the castle and ate afternoon tea with the Queen. The Queen was nice, wise and pretty. We ate sandwiches and pudding with ice cream. We also drank the best tea. The Queen looked at me and asked, “Why are you upset?” I said, “I lost my tiny door to go home.”
The Queen said, “I think this is your tiny door.” She pointed to a small glass door with a golden handle next to her throne.
“Yes it is! Thank you!” I cried. I went home. What an amazing adventure I’ve been on!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!