Pacific Tree

Not necessarily a Prologue
It was an average day for...no one. Giant monsters (Zvyar) were everywhere. But a government robotics engineer was prepared. He had gone behind the government’s back and turned his kid’s treehouse into a giant mech. Because everyone knows that humongous creatures are weak to wood. Logic.
Not necessarily the rest of the story (But totally is) Dr. Rowan Botsoncred (It’s German) had sent out his Treehouse 3001 to fight the weakest Zvyar, Not-thra. The battle was..., anticlimactic. Not-thra just died. We won’t spare the details.
Meanwhile in the Cave of Not (AKA the Zvyar’s home) the Zvyar king, Not-Zilla, was preparing a banquet of the finest foods (To Zvyar, anyways). They were celebrating their takeover of Bulgaria. He had invited every single Zvyar, alive or otherwise.
Alright back to Rowan. He fixed up the mech and sent it to the Cave of Not, supposedly in Bulgaria. The mech was recently equipped with missile launchers, shoulder shotguns and a nuke. How he got that, I have no clue.
Several massacres later, he had reached the king. Not-Zilla stared him down, he knew it would come to this. ‘Vreme e da umresh” he panted, charging something, possibly a weapon. His mouth was open bringing a feeling of pain throughout the Earth. His veins gleamed blue, bringing light to the dark, damp cave. In a flash, a beam arose from his mouth, burning the treehouse robot, and giving him a bigger problem, a flaming robot about to punch his face.
A massive thud echoed throughout the cave, Not-Zilla had just been flung across the cave. Now if this were King Kong, he would die. But this is a Godzilla parody, he will not die so easily. He shot another mighty beam met with heat seeking...oh. Well The treehouse 3001 is dead. Not-Zilla is basically zero degrees. The missiles are now returning to kill. Boom entirely plot convenient force field. Yes, it is cliché.
The Treehouse bot is firing it’s shoulder mounted shotguns. They are doing absolutely nothing. Use the other ultra-convenient plot device, dang it. The nuke fired off, blowing the cave even bigger. It is essentially a hole now, Wee. Is he dead? No, course he isn’t dead, that would be too convenient. I need something a million times more convenient...ah that will work. Time to unleash my master plan, me giving up and pulling the switch. And pulled, they will both die in Three, two, one, And...now. They’re dead.
In case you didn’t notice, THE END. TL; DR: Zvyar suck. It’s also Bulgarian for beast.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!