Raiders

“They are coming” shouted Elizabeth as her little sister Zoey started running towards Nora yelling “Mama Mama” as her other sisters Victoria and Gabriella were fighting the raiders from the highland. “LIAM” shouted Elizabeth as a big raider grabbed her around the waist. An arrow flew past her red flaming hair as Liam showed up with her other brothers Carl and Joe. The raiders finally left leaving the farm burned as people from the town Moonstone showed up stopping all the fires. “They’re going to come back Nora, you need to flee to the cave and bring your kids take all you need” said the Queen and her Princess, Zoey whimpered and followed her family into the cottage and started packing all their personal things. Nora and her kids Liam, Gabriella, Victoria, Carl, Joe, Elizabeth and Zoey all followed their mother to their cave. As Nora closed the cave a bit with her magic her eldest child Liam started a fire as Gabriella hugged and danced with Zoey. Victoria and Elizabeth cooked dinner and Nora set up rooms. The howl of the wind kept Carl and Joe up all-night thinking about their late father who was taken by raiders as Carl saw Liam leaving and told Joe and they followed him out into the night and saw that he was meeting the Princess Faith. Just then Elizabeth, Victoria and Gabriella came out as a dark figure came out and grabbed Faith and Liam and ran. “No” screamed all three girls as Carl and Joe stood still shocked and went to tell Nora. “Stop” shouted Faith clinging onto Liam as a blonde boy took them to their King and his daughter Eva who was in love with Liam. During the night Liam and Faith tiptoed out into the middle of the night and they went into the forest with only some food and a torch. They ventured into the creepy forest and as they figured out when they came out of the forest Faith realised that she didn’t know where they were. Liam suddenly saw a flash of silver and white “Unicorns” whispered Faith “With Wings?” asked Liam. “We should fly them back to Moonstone” said Liam. They hopped on the unicorns and flew to the edge of Moonstone where the whole town was there waiting but they suddenly had horrid looks on their faces and Liam turned around and the raiders were following them. Liam and Faith urged the unicorns on harder as they landed on the ground as the whole of Nora’s family used magic to shield Moonstone and the raiders flew away on their dark unicorns, but they came back Nora knew that they would, so they all fled to their cave. Bombs and fires were heard as they heard a scream that came from Faith and Liam went to rescue as they tortured the Queen as Liam saved her. A couple of weeks later Liam got married to Faith and they lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!