Santa Paws


“He’s making a list! Chewing a bone! Gonna’ find out who’s barking at home! Santa Paws is coming...TO TOWN!” Pomchi sang along. It was 10:30 PM, on the 24th of December. He was singing along with his pals, Sweet Pea, Dayle and Jeff, all howling in unison and staring up at the night sky. Every Christmas they sat outside and barked along, waiting for Santa Paws.

“Guys!” screamed Sweet Pea. “ Look at that! It’s like a shooting star!” Pomchi stared upwards. “That’s not a shooting star! That’s a SLEIGH!” In no time Jeff and Dayle had hopped over the fence and were heading down the road. Sweet Pea and Pomchi soon followed. They jumped and sprinted down the sidewalk, heading towards the bush trail, they leaped through the trees and bushes, following the bright light, soon followed by an explosion, as they watched it pummel into the beach. They realised it was still giving off a shine, and as they approached the soft, cold sand, they noticed it was alight.

There was a hefty figure crawling away from the sleigh, looking injured, while what looked like a husky was bringing a bucket back and forth from the sleigh and the sea, constantly chucking it onto the burning wreck. The Fantastic Four, ( Chosen as their team name by Jeff ) leaped into action, Pomchi and Dayle pulled the man up against a tree to rest, while Jeff and Sweet Pea ran to help the husky. Soon enough Pomchi and Dayle were doing their fair share as well, and after about an hour the fire was out.

“Wait a second, you’re Santa Paws, and you’re Santa Claus! Right?” announced Jeff. The Husky nodded. And the man said, “Right you are little pup! And you saved my sleigh! Now, what would YOU like in return?” The Husky smiles after Santa asks the question. He whispered to us, “Anything from your list that you’d like?” The pups were stunned. Was this really happening? Jeff pinched himself. Then Sweet Pea gasped. “How can you understand us?” Santa said, “Why, it must be a Christmas Miracle!” Pomchi ran over to the other pups and whispered something to the rest of ‘The Fantastic Four.’ He came back. “We’d like to spend the night with you on your sleigh!

ZIP! Went the zip lines as they slipped down the ropes and through the chimney. Santa Paws led the way as they flipped through the fireplace. They placed the presents, gave the signal and were pulled back up by Santa. Then they zoomed off into the brisk night sky. That was the last house. They’d done it. Santa flew back to Australia, and dropped off the dogs. “See you next Christmas!” yelled Santa, right before he disappeared. Jeff was the happiest. He’d finally met Santa Paws! They all barked goodnight, and ran inside. There was a pile of bones and chew toys, all waiting for them inside.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!