A Family Christmas

A Family Christmas
Santa’s coming for you, Mum and Dad too.
He comes in a flash of light, if you’re up at night you’ll get a fright.
Elves on shelves, Christmas pudding all to ourselves.
All the ladies cook the pork, and the kids are playing with chalk.
The men take sips on beer, and muck around and cheer.
The pork is ready kids and guys, but not the mince pies.
But, but, why not? ‘Cause baby’s got a dirty bot bot.
Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you have lots of fun!
Presents time, “Please can we open them Mum?” “Not until the dishes are done!’’.
“YES! Let’s have some fun!” Mum got a brolly; little sister Maggie got a dolly.
Sister Lucy got a fairy princess book, big brother Barry got a big pirate hook.
Dad got a canoe and I got a pink tutu. Pop got a bed and Nan got a big white sled.
All my cousins got a dino shirt.
The aunties got a set of lipstick, eye shadow and blush.
The uncles were gifted a beautiful pristine dunny brush!
Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you have lots of fun!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!