That Night

"where am I?" I ask the person that was right beside me.
"your in the hospital" the person replied.
I notice that she was a nurse.
"what happened?" I ask the nurse.
"you and your parents where in a car accident" she said "you also broke your left arm and fractured your spine" she added
"where are my parents?" I finally asked.
"they are ok, they are in the waiting room, they were waiting for you to wake up" she said
"can I see them please?" I asked
"I'll go get them for you" she replied
It took her a few minuets to get back with my parents.
"hey mum and dad" I said when they came in to my room.
"hey darl" my mum replied.
"we were in a car accident, there was a oil patch in the middle of the road". My dad finally said.
"oh I remember now". I said
I remember that we were singing to our favorite song in the car, we were on our way to my nans and pops a few hours away from our house.
"when can I go home?" I asked the nurse.
"you can go home in a few weeks, as for your parents they can go home as soon as they want, because you fractured your spine, we are going to have to keep you in for a few weeks so you can recover. We told your parents that they can stay in the hospital if they want." the nurse replied.
That night my mum stayed with me and we had hospital food for dinner.
For the next few weeks, I was in a wheel chair. I soon started walking again and soon enough I was back at home.
The end.

Thanks for reading my short story, I hope you like it!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!