Gabbie And Flow

Hello, I’m Gabbie. I look normal to most people, but I come from a faraway place. That place is called Agra. This is my story.

I came from a family of hybrid elves. We all had magical powers, my father was a craftsman and could make things with his eyes closed, my Mother was an elf nurse at the hospital and could take care of 10 sick elves at the same time.

My brother could add glitter to anything and make it beautiful. But I still hadn’t found my power.
I went to the Agra domestic school for learning elves where we learnt to find and harness our magic, and to the Agra public school for gifted elves.
My story truly begins with Fire-flower. The first friend I ever had.

“Class today we have a new student joining us. Her name is Fire-flower Regina. I expect you to treat her nicely and welcome her to Agra. Come in Fire-flower.”
Mrs Hunnyjoy said pointing to the door.
A small elf came in, she had yellow eyes and amber hair. She definitely matched her name.

“Gabbie come here.” Mrs Hunnyjoy said from the front of the room. “Fire-flower this is Gabbie Matelicer, she will show you around and teach you about our school. Won’t you Gabriela?” Mrs Hunnyjoy rarely used my real name, only when it was serious.
“Yes Mrs Hunnyjoy. Come on Fire-flower.”
“Call me Flow”
“Sorry what was that?” I asked
“You can just call me Flow.” Fire-flower said
“Oh okay then Flow. Come sit next to me.”
“Thanks.”

We got to the end of the lesson and I walked her through all the corridors and told her where all of the rooms were.
She came back to my house that night and I introduced her to my parents and brother.
After we got a snack she showed me her power. She could make flowers grow out of the ground. Red or purple, orange or blue. Anywhere she wanted.
“I wish I got my power.” I said glumly
“Do you want me to teach you?” Flow asked
“How?”
“I got my power after my dad taught me. I couldn’t work it out myself.” Flow said sitting down next to me.
“Ok.”
“Cool we can start right now.”
“That would be amazing Flow!”

We both sat down onto the rich earth and crossed our legs. Flow made a sign with her hands and I copied her.
It was easy enough. She did some cool Kung-fu like moves and got up gracefully. I did the same. We both stood up and did a move pushing air in front of us and a bird suddenly landed on my finger. I whistled and more birds came.

Now Flow and I are best friends. We hang out everyday and we go into the forest and grow flowers and talk to the animals. That’s what my power is. I can talk to and understand animals. Thanks to Fire-flower Regina.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!