Sarah Underwood : And The Fire Dancer

The Underwood family was a normal witch and warlock family. A family of four, Mr and Mrs Underwood, John Underwood and Sarah Underwood. Sarah was a brave and daring little witch, and this is when her story starts.

“Come on, get up darling Sarah, we’ve got to go and shop for your school supplies. Now get up!” Chirped her mother, as she lifted the window blinds and no sooner than a split-second, the small room was filled with a bright light. The weather was a great time for shopping, as Sarah’s eyes forced open, through the window she saw witches and warlocks zooming on their broomsticks, I mean, that’s normal right? For witches, warlocks and wizards I guess. It was only Sarah’s last few days at home and soon she would be going off to meet her older brother, John in Geradine. The only people who would be there for her would be her brother and maybe some future friends, no mother and no father. But that was not much to worry about, the day will bring it’s own worries. Sarah had orange puffy hair and an amazing range of freckles on her face. She was quite skinny but was also very tall. She was usually the height of boys and would be found either reading or maybe writing in a book. She was a smart intelligent little witch.

So back onto the actual story, right just when Sarah had gotten up a small letter was banging furiously onto the window. “What’s that?” Asked her mother suspiciously, But Sarah ignored. She opened the window, and as fast as her mom could, she striked out to get the letter. Sarah had missed it, “As principal of Geradine school of witchcraft and wizardry,” read her mother aloud, “I would to like to announce that all new students must remember to:
- Students will be dropped off by the parents at front gate
- Cloaks will be given at the arrival
- NO food, but drinks are allowed
- NO ONE is to go near the forbidden chamber. Instant suspension will be caused if anyone is to go near the chamber.
- Teams are: Minkeyes and Dragontails
- Teams will be sorted a soon as the newbies make their way to assembly.

Thank you,
Regards sincerely, Principal of Geradine, Mr. Drakendof” Read aloud her mother, “It was just another reminder isn’t it?” Asked Sarah, Her mother nodded and went off. Suddenly another letter flew into the window as it was still opened. “Hm?” Sarah mutters to herself as she took the letter, this time it wasn’t from the principle, she carefully opened it and on the letter it said, I’m Watching You.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!