Fearless

Her mouth was on fire. Tears cascaded down her frightened face. Puzzled she didn’t know what to do. But it wasn’t the end.
Natalie was born into the Hulya clan, a tribe filled with reckless warriors who sacrifice themselves for the sake of their tribe. Everyone carries dignity in their name, everyone but Natalie. She was cautious and always thought well before answering a question, whether it be a test or real life. In the nick of time her dad, the chief, realised that Natalie would become nothing like her ancestors and the descendants of the tribe would become like Natalie, a coward.
Natalie had strips of long brown hair flowing of her scalp. She had a feathered crown placed on top and had flowers embroidered in her hair. She wore a beige dress which went down to her knees. Her face was stern but deep inside everyone knew she was a soft and merciful person.
The clan of the Hulya’s had a conniving enemy, the Kishan clan. The leader of the tribe, Ivor, was an intelligent leader and had placed spies in the Hulya clan and since the Hulya’s were gullible they believed every single word. Ivor knew that Natalie was afraid that one day when she is the leader Ivor will strike again, this time not only defeating her but the whole tribe causing Ivor to be their leader.
Natalie’s parents had to go to an urgent errand and Natalie was placed in charge. Inexperienced she was frightened and Ivor knew it was time to strike again. He sharpened his arrows and prepared for his greatest victory. Strolling past the village of the Hulya’s he caught glance of Natalie and immediately she knew something was wrong. Suddenly she saw Ivor and his bow. The arrow was coming towards her.
Natalie swiftly dodged the arrow and was puzzled on what to do next. She ran towards Ivor lifted up her clenching fist and whacked him in the face. But suddenly Ivor kicked her jaw and blood trickled down her face. She felt as if her mouth was on fire as it burned intermittently as she gasped for breath whilst trying to save the fate of her clan. But the enemy was fearless and Natalie was the opposite. She knew that Ivor had succeeded and she was defeated once again. Natalie knew to never give up but as she stood in silence Ivor started to run away.
Her legs moved as fast as they could and she grabbed Ivor by his coat and pushed him to the floor.
“Please,” Ivor croaked, “please let me go.”
Natalie let go of him and knew he would be back, but she would be prepared. From then on everyone knew that Natalie was different and she ruled with an iron fist.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!