A Christmas Heartbreak

I can’t bare it anymore. They aren’t coming. It’s been ten years and life is filled with broken promises. No ones came back for me since they left me on the door step a decade ago. Yet here I am glued to the window staring longingly at the paved driveway, cherry blossom trees run parallel and either side, the grass is a beautiful lushes green creating an appealing image to anyone’s eyes that gaze upon it. If it wasn’t for the block lettered sign, no one would even know that this was an orphanage. The tree’s are decorated in lights and tinsel indicating that it’s christmas time. You know some kids wish for soft fallen snow or for Santa Claus to bring some expensive gift that their parents refused to buy. I could wish for things like better clothes, less chores, more food or world peace but instead, I wish for the same thing every year. For my parents to love me as much as I miss them. Maybe they’ll come back for me like the letter says but I know they won’t. A soft tear escapes my bright sapphire eyes and slowly falls down my face. This being the first of thousands that are about to rush down my face like a waterfall. I bring my knees to my chest. The room only lit by the pale moon light as I curl into myself for comfort. And just like every year before my parents don’t come and take me home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!