The 2 Hour Sleep...

Have you ever heard of the myth that people with glasses are smarter than others? Well I didn't believe in this myth until that one Christmas Day... It was so cold outside that not only was it snowing, but frost was creeping up the window. My little brother and I were inside the house playing one of my all-time favourite board games: Battle ships. My brother's name is Theo and I'm Rick. He's 6 and I'm 11. But back to the story. We played this board game whenever Mum and Dad went to the shops and left Theo and I home alone. It was like a tradition! So, as you could imagine, we got pretty good at the game. But, unfortunately for Theo, I always won. And won... And won... And won... Until it became Theo's breaking point. "Why do you ALWAYS win?" cried Theo, "You are a big fat cheater!" He added, then throwing the board game at my face! "ARRRRGH!" I screamed as the pieces caught in my eye.
The next day my eyes were not feeling any better so Mum took me to the local eye specialist whilst Dad took care of Theo. The eye specialist said that due to the germs on the game, and all of the pressure that got thrown on my eye, I needed glasses. 'Gee, thanks Theo...' I thought to myself sarcastically. The specialist pulled out a pair of green and black gloomy glasses from her draw. "Here you go!" she said, "These will do just nicely." I put the glasses in place and looked around me to see a cinema!?! That's when I realised that we were watching a movie about battleships and that the reason why my eyes hurt was because Mum was embarrassed that I'd fallen asleep, so she went to place some 3D glasses on me but missed and hit me in the eye. Then she put the glasses on me and I woke up. But why was it cold you ask? Well I was sitting under the air conditioning that was on 16 degrees and was also on full speed. What a 2 hour sleep...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!