The Struggle To Tomorrow

Countless lives are suffering from starvation
Their malnutrition is a result of famine and dehydration.
Cadaverous skeletal frames are manifest
With ribs protruding from each bare chest.
Their scrawny physical state is appalling
Yet they attempt to prevent their feeble bodies from collapsing and falling.
Some, fortunately, manage to survive
And continue on their onerous quest to successfully thrive.
However, most fail to see the light of the next day
The poverty-stricken cannot witness tomorrow as they are traumatised by today and yesterday.
Precious lives retire into the barren ground
The plethora of adversities they endured proves them heaven bound.
Then why are we not grateful for reaching tomorrow?
In our fortunate conditions we often overlook their grief and sorrow.
God gave us another chance to unite as one nation and avert our heart’s decay.
So do not wait for tomorrow, start today.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!