A Colourful World


I was born with not able to see colour. The word ‘pink’ had no meaning. But it is supposed to be like that until we meet our soulmate.

I watched my cousin Lara and her boyfriend Danny interlace their fingers. I watched with jealously as I thought I would never meet my soulmate. They have been together for years and even though she says it didn’t matter that I didn’t have one yet, her heart aches when he is gone.
They say if you haven’t found your soulmate by 18, you could be alone forever. I was now 19, and it was worrying my family. It’s been a year and I accepted my fate, however my family keep hoping.

“Bree! We are leaving!” Lara called out.
I hoped into the car and we were off.

“Are you excited Bree?” We were going to a movie premier for Lara’s favourite actor. I wasn’t a fan of him.

“Eh. I don’t care for Leon Kingston.”
Danny loudly laughed.

“For your information we are going to see the Leon Kingston! He is one of the top actors today!”

“And?” As soon as I said that, Lara rolled her eyes.
“Try to be positive, you never know what could happen.”
I scoffed at her remark and remained silent for the rest of the car trip.

I stepped out of the car and immediately squinted due to the bright sun. I reached in my bag to get my sunglasses, but before I could, I was dragged away by Lara.

We arrived and started to find our seats. My heart pumped with anxiousness, I hated large crowds. I scanned the venue and saw millions of fans outside screaming. I was taken out my thoughts when someone cleared their voice into the microphone.

I focused my gaze on the stage and It was unlike anything I have ever seen before.
All of these beautiful rays of different lights reflected off him. Was this colour? They were so vivid and bright. My eyes widen as he caught my gaze. His own seemed to widen as well. He quickly turned away and began speaking.

“Are you okay?” I didn’t dare to tell Lara.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

The entire movie I was looking around the room, shocked by the sudden beauty. At the end of the I scurried out of my seat. I was running towards our car when someone stopped me.

“Miss! Excuse me!” I quickly turned around and there stood Leon Kingston.

“Hi” He said smiling.

“Hi” I replied with a blush. God, he was handsome.

“Thanks, your quite beautiful.” Oh god, I said that out loud.

He looked towards the sky and said, “The sky matches your eyes. I love them.”

The blush then returned to my cheeks.
“So, soulmates huh?” He started.

“I guess so.”
“How about we get to know each other?” He said holding his hand out.

I smiled and took his hand.
This was the start of a colourful world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!