I Told Him My Name...

A cry of happiness runs down my eye, I knew I will not see my parents for the next two years or so. If anything, bad happens I’ll be 1,423 miles away and there’s nothing I can do. Inside I know this is an opportunity of a life time and I am not going to bail now. I put my arms out for a hug before I walk off. Pushing away a tear in my eye, in my hand I am holding the ticket to my dreams. I have been waiting this since I was 9 years old. I’m now 18 years old now, with my own suitcase, on a plane to New Zealand where the best cliff divers are. In 3 hours, 21 mins I will be at the cliff diver’s hotel when I can finally be myself…
“only for boys what do you mean only for boys?!” I scream in the nice man’s ear. “I mean there’s a law put in place, so no woman can cliff dive…” he says Rudely “what the heck am I supposed to do now? I saved over 14’000 dollars so that I could came for a 2-year holiday!” I say in sarcasm. I am so mad at him, at myself but I think I have an idea. I could dress up as a man, I could wear a mask and a beard, and I know exactly where to go, and then I can finally be a cliff diver! I run as fast as my tiny little legs can run and bought everything I needed. I am walking around this big ginormous place, I don’t know where to go and what to do. I look like I’m in my 60’s on the streets acting like a 20-year-old man. It’s not ok. I go to my apartment to cut my hair, while calling my mum. I tell her everything, okay, maybe not everything but I thought she didn’t need to know. I am just skimming the truth because, knowing my mum she would send me straight home.
It’s the next day and my dream carried on so long today that I am late for my diving lesson. I run and run as my tiny legs can run but… I’ve never been a fast runner, to be honest I am an awesome diver though! Stay focused Anya you need to get to your cliff diving lesson.
I started to do my cliff diving and strength conditioning drills the coach gave us and hoped for the best. After a couple of dives my makeup was flaking off. I knew someone was going to find out soon. Well… at least I got a chance…
“You were great out there, how about you become our team caption? What’s your name?” says the coach I have never met before. In excitement I decide I need to take a stand.
“My name is Anya,”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!