The Flying Book

Her mind, blowing like a volcano with maths was extremely exhausting. Ella Green was blasé of having to do maths again. She suddenly thought of a spectacular excuse. “Miss, may I go outside and look at some plants for my maths project? It will really help,” She asked innocently. ‘’yes. " she said. Of course, she said yes because apparently, she was lost in her thoughts about maths. She hurried to some large trees and plants. She glanced around. The coast was clear. She tipped her bag upside down in attempt to find something interesting. That was a huge mistake. Pencils and pens rolled out of her bag and before anyone could notice she picked them all up as fast as lightning. She found two books one so ugly and one so beautiful. She threw the ugly one into a puddle. splash! Rainbow bubbles swirled into the puddle. It was so fascinating she picked it up and read it. However, the beautiful book was dull and boring. Her imagination started flying and the book was flying. she stared at it in suprise. she rushed back to class. she would not want her teacher to be suspicious! "why have you took so long? what information did you get?she stood there parylsed and speechless. Wake up! she was glad it was just a dream. Her mother was calling her for her delicious breakfast. Believe it or not, the ugly book was on her desk flying. Maybe all that glitters is not gold. How did that book come from her dream into real life?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!