Food Fight

It was a day unlike any other. One kid spotted a U.F.O fly into space and out of the Earth’s atmosphere. She had no idea what happened but when she thought that, the shop behind her imploded and sent food and purple light everywhere.
The year was 3026. The affected shop had been decimated and deserted. The area is a now a significant place showing what extra-terrestrials could do. Most children disregard this place to play pranks, tell terrifying beliefs and do dares. On a regular Thursday, one friend asked his mate a dare. The dare was to walk straight through the shop to the other side. He accepted and said “You’re on” with a smirk.
He started to walk. He got halfway and stopped to pick up a sausage lying on the ground. It looked like a normal sausage to him but when he turned it in his hands, he saw a small face on the top half of the sausage. He screamed, dropped the mutant sausage and sprinted off. As the sausage hit the ground, it awakened.
The sausage got up dazed and heard a voice. “Use a foods name as their food, Sausage.”
He heard a scream and rushed towards it. “Help” it kept screaming.
“I’m coming” Sausage whispered to himself.
Once he reached the area of the scream, he saw a dozen Brussel Sprouts engage on a marshmallow. They were commanded by a roasted, headless, talking chicken. “Stop” yelled Sausage.
The Brussel Sprouts and the Chicken turned toward Sausage. “A courageous one” said the chicken with no facial expression.
“Fish will like him” squeaked one Brussel Sprout in a childish voice.
“Who’s Fish?” Sausage asked unknowingly.
All the Brussel Sprouts laughed.
“Ice-Cream” the Marshmallow yelled.
“What” the Chicken said through gritted teeth.
Then the bright sunny day, turned black. Everyone looked up to see what blocked out the sun. Sausage made out a spherical shape headed for the Brussel Sprouts. “It’s as dark as Fish’s eyes” said the one from before.
“It’s as dark as the inside of his head” chuckled another.
All the Brussel Sprouts started to laugh except the first Brussel Sprout. The next thing they knew was a white hill standing where the Brussel Sprouts used to be. It got up and looked at the marshmallow, “Quick, jump on” it said calmly and smoothly.
The chicken walked over to his Brussel Sprouts. “You drowned them all” He said furiously.
The white hill rolled his eyes and scooped part of himself into his hand. He threw the scoop at the chicken and made him unconscious.
“Jump on” said the white hill to Sausage flicking his head.
“Alright” Sausage said.
He jumped onto the white hill’s back and asked, “What are your names?”
“Marshmallow and Ice-Cream” said Marshmallow.
Ice-Cream walked them away from Sausage’s first battle but definitely not his last.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!