Activity

We went on an activity that had my four friends Bob, John, Stacey and me Tracey, we were going on an activity near Dubbo out in the bush. We had our leader Wombat taking us there, we got up there and had to take a bus to the area that was called Warrumbungle’s. We got there set up our tents then we had to walk around and see if we could get information about the land, we were near the camp and it started to rain heavy. We ran to the bus where we stayed for a while to the rain stopped were, we went back to the tents to sleep for the night. I was sleeping with Stacey and John was with Bob, we got up in the morning where we got told we were doing a 8 km round walk. We got up the hill and l was feeling pretty good at this stage and so was Bob and John, Stacey was split up into the other group that we had and Wombat stayed back to communicate through radios that we all had. I got given the responsibility to count the steps from the camp up, that was taken over by Bob and l was the person leading with the compass and then l was the second person walking in a line. We done sit reps which we tell Wombat we are at a location and that all members were alright and how much water we had. In our group we had 6 members and our leader was Mick and Leno. We had protective clothes which were a shirt, jacket, pants and boots, they were really hot and it was about 10 minutes before we stopped for lunch Bob started to feel faint and sick. We sat down and waited about 5 minutes and then we walked about 5 km and we stopped for lunch, lunch was about half an hour were we then went to about 500 metre from the 4 km point. I started feeling really faint and nearly fell over, l was handed a lot of water and lollies and then Mick and Leno was helping me walk slowly to the check point. I lasted about 5 or 10 minutes were l said “l couldn’t go anymore”, they laid me down and they had to call our other mentors in Rick and Isaac that came out ad stayed with us, they tried to get the group to build a stretcher but then Bob twisted the wrong way and he hurt his back. Then they called the paramedics and ambulance in to help us, the ambulance come gave me water and Bob Panadol to help him. The paramedics came and they said “we would have to be airlifted out”, it was about midnight and it was dark so they decided to give me and Bob hot chocolate which Bob fell asleep after he had his and they stayed with us, We were better in the morning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!