Canberra Study Tour

Day 1: It started at 5:00am when I had to get ready for camp. I got to school an hour later, I had to go to the teacher to say that I was there. I was feeling very excited about the week to come. At 6:30 we left to go to camp and we got a rest every two hours, after a long time we finally arrived at camp at 7:00pm. When we got there all we did was have tea and then go to our cabins to get ready to go to bed for the next day.
Day 2: We got up at like 7:30am to go to our first activity and then after lunch we went to Questacon. Which is the national science and technology centre. It was really cool and I think it was the coolest thing I have gone to. Because I love seeing all the science stuff there. After that we went back to camp for free time while we waited for the other group’s bus. When the other bus got back, we had dinner and after that we went to Iplay. One of the rides on the dodgem cars was kids verses teachers and the kids won. I was cheering from the line for the kids to win while I waited for my turn, this was making me jump up and down very fast. Then we went back to camp to shower and to bed.
Day 3: The first activity we went to was the Australian Institute of Sport where we saw some people training. Before we left, we got to find out that one of our teachers; Ms Cunningham was a swimmer at the Australian Institute of Sport. After tea we went to the indoor rock-climbing centre and the centre was as tall as two school buses up vertical. It didn't hurt my hands when I tried to climb up the wall and I did not get to the top. I felt disappointed because I didn't make it to the top, I only got a quarter of the way up. And proud at the same time because I tried my best even though I am scared of heights. But I did cheer my friends on that tried to do it too.
Day 4: We got to sleep in and we went to the Australian War Memorial. Where I got to read a speech called 'Less We Forget'. It was a short poem but it was really descriptive. I was very nervous reading it out because I had to read it out loud in front of a lot of people. I worry about embarrassing myself because I don't want people laughing at me if I make a mistake. After tea we went to Mount Ainslie to see the sunset, the sunset was a beautiful orange. Then after a good time we went back to pack because we were leaving on day five.
Day 5: We were sad on this day because after a good week of having fun we had to go return home to our families. I wanted to see my family again because I really missed them. I missed talking to my brothers after bedtime. I missed my sister trying to help with anything anytime. I missed my stuff, the motorbike rides with my dad, the things I play with and the taste of my mum's cooking. Even after she burns it and yells don't turn your food over, I wanted to go home because I had been too long away. We stopped for lunch at Macca's and a rest. Then it was time to get back on the bus and play my iPad. So, we left at 6:30am and we got back at 7:30pm.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!