A Ripple In Time

To go or not to go. Now that is my choice. If I do go, I'll miss the movie and I sincerely can't miss it. But again, if I don’t, I won't be able to try Martin's hoverboard and I'll never see him again. Sooooooooooo…
"JORDAN, WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING UP THERE!" Bellowed my mum. "COME DOWN RIGHT THIS INSTANT, MISTER!"
I sauntered down the stairs carefully avoiding the last step and waddled towards my mum. I stared up at her hoping something good would happen. But I was wrong to do so. She explained that the next-door-neighbour complained that I was playing loud music at night not allowing others to sleep. And as a result, I was banned from all my instruments for a whole month. For most people that is nothing as they don't even have instruments. But for me, music is my life, especially loud music. But looking on the bright side I'll still have my electronics.
The next day I went to school in a sour mood because of yesterday. Not only did mum ban me from my instruments but she also made me drop out of my position in my school, Harry Potter play. And I had the best part, Harry Potter.
Martin tried to cheer me up, but he didn't help. And it didn't get better the following day. Because I “HAD TO” dropout, the school needed a new Harry Potter. And so, auditions were held. No one who auditioned did even have half the talent I had.
But as I wasn't in the play, I really couldn't say anything.
The days flew by and were more so depressing than anything else. Each day there was nothing to look forward to. But things changed one special week, the week of my birthday. When it came to the day of my birthday, things took a turn.
Firstly, mum wasn't her usual cranky self. Instead, she was patient and cheerful. She even let me have an extra two hours of sleep. Secondly, dad drove me to school instead of having to walk. And things were even better in school.
Since no one was as good as me as Harry Potter, the school persuaded my mum to let me re-join, and she said yes.
After school, I got my presents, a Thunder Trax, a Super Nova and a Mavic 2 Pro. And when it seemed like things couldn't get any better, it did. Dad had booked my birthday at a Go-Kart stadium and I was allowed to invite as many people as I wanted.
So, I guess this is why adults say always to keep hope even in the darkest of times. Seeing that I've run out of words...arrivederci or goodbye!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!