Haphephobia

I slid down the door and hugged my knees. "Another day gone" I whispered to myself trying not to break down.

I had just gotten back from another questioning about my attack. A man had threatened me with a knife. But that didn't stop him from touching me. He left scars and bruises all over my now abused figure.

Ever since then, I haven't been able to stand people touching to me. It's sad. Even when I bumped into my best friend Yoongi, I freaked out and had to leave him standing there alone.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"Are you ok?"

"Mina you're worrying me"

I had gotten a bunch of messages from Yoongi after I left him in the dark. I ignored them after I was picked up from school to be escorted to the police station. I still haven't had a chance to reply to him nor was I ready to.

After gathering my composure, I stood on my aching feet and walked to my bedroom. I placed my phone down and looked at my alarm clock groaning. It was already 11:45 pm.

I hadn't even thought about food for dinner so I thought I'd skip over a meal. Even though I knew if a certain person found out that I didn't eat anything, I'd surely be scolded.

I thought about that particular person for a second and smiled to myself. But slowly, my smile turned into an expression of worry and fear. I started to feel hopeless and useless.

After being startled by just touching my closest and only friend, I started to fear the future. Could I ever come in contact with anyone? Could I not even hug him or my family? What was wrong with me?

I leaned against a wall and cried into my hands feeling weak and alone. I just wanted comfort, but at the same time, I didn't.

It was finally 12:00 am and I heard a knock at my door. I didn't bother walking to it as it was literally the middle of the night. They knocked again and I meekly said "Go away" before slowly sliding down the wall holding my legs still crying.

I heard the jingle of keys and the door open slowly. Footsteps echoed through my apartment until I heard someone's voice.

"Mina? Are you home?" I ignored the sound of Yoongi's voice. "Hello? Min- Oh my God Mina are you ok?" He walked into my bedroom and ran over to me. I scrambled to get away from him when he crouched down which left him confused.

"Mina?" I just looked down ignoring him again. He sighed and was about to lay his hand on my shoulder until I swatted it away.

"D-don't" I stuttered afraid. He noted the pain in my voice.

"Mina, look at me...please" I lifted my head and he hugged me. I flinched but I felt so safe in his arms.

"You can trust me, I won't let anyone hurt you again..."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!