Hope

The sounds of screeching filled my furry ears as I slowly turned my head to the road now splattered with blood. I Peered closer, all of a sudden everything seemed to pause and it was only me as I stared at my mother, laying with a terror-struck look on her face, legs stiff and eyes weary, dead right in front of my very eyes. My heart dropped, it was no hope, me, a tiny weak puppy to survive without a mother.

Moments later, as quick as a flick, the world started to move again, at this point sirens were going off and people were rushing around to see what had just happened. The man inside the yellow car that hit my mother came dashing out, his voice trembled as said he to himself in sorrow “How could I be so foolish as to hit this poor dog?”.

Days passed slowly and wearily I was all alone sitting over an ice cold, damp concrete path still watching my mother lay slowly rotting away. It was the middle of the cold dark night wich was only lit by a few dull street lamps, A gust of wind blew against my now dirty fur. I was hungry, thirsty and about to die, it was as if every minute there was less and less hope.

I thought came rushing to my head: I could be living much happier, so I will set of in search of another place, somewhere where I can have easier access to food, somewhere where I won't be knocked over by people.

Now was the perfect time because nobody is ever on the streets at this hour. So I stood up, I was so thirsty and hungry that I could barely walk, but nothing was going to stop me from finding a better place.

I walked unsteadily through the many streets in search of the right one, but is was exhausting. It was time I took short break after all I have been walking around for ages. So I placed my body on a patch of grass outside a beautiful old brick house.

I stared at the building for a while, then suddenly a teenager girl came running out of the house, she saw me, lying on the grass staring at her. She slowly approached me, Her warm hands touched my stomach, it was a ever so comforting feeling, especially because I haven't felt warmth since my mother died.

She took me inside, and lead me to a bowl of water and food, the water trickled down my throat it was amazing it seemed to soothe any of the pain I had, then I moved on to eat the food, I inhaled it like there was no tomorrow. I was ever so grateful of what she had done so I licked her and wagged my tale, “this is your forever home” She said happily. But little did we know what terrible thing was going to occur the next day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!