My Home And Their Nightmare

A small lonely shack stood on a hill shutting out the outside world. It had a beautiful view of the ocean, with the sun reflecting on the shiny surface of the water. They always went down to the beach when they were little to see dolphins or whales swimming along in the twinkling, blazing sun. They would never be back though because this is a nightmare to them now, not paradise.
The sun comes up and down but there is still no sign of them. When cars come driving on the dusty road there is still no sign of them. I start to wonder, if they don't come now and forgive me, will they ever come? The days roll on, then the weeks, then the months, then the years. I have no hope now. I go down to the beach on a perfect summer morning and take in the view. I smell the sea salt air and watch a dolphin swim past in the silent, still, lazy water. This view takes all negative vibes and I feel free.
When I walk up the steep hill to get back to the shack, I see a car. I pick up my pace and I see two shadows moving in the house through the window. They can't be here, they just can't be. I open the broken down door and light spills into the already light filled room. The more light that fills the room, the more my spirit seems to lift all negative thoughts and feelings in me.
It was my two older siblings, back in the shack that we grew up in. I try to open my mouth to apologize but something's holding me back. I try again but it's like my mouth’s full of concrete. They seemed to think I was trying to do my best because they looked at each other and shook their head. “Don't apologize, it wasn't you” my older sister said. “It wasn't you, it was us” said my older brother. “We killed mum, dad and grandma” added my sister.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!