Saving A Servant

I slunk around the house going unnoticed by the humans. When I finally got to the front door I noticed it was slightly ajar. I am an indoor cat so I’d never been outside before except in a cage. I knew I wasn’t allowed outside but I thought I’d just take a peek. I crept to the door and sniffed. Mmmm, so nice. I went back a bit further from the door to stop temptation, but I kept facing the door. Then suddenly, I heard a tweet and saw a bird outside! All thoughts left my head and I raced outside to get a nice gift for my servants. However, I soon lost the bird it was very disappointing. I turned around and expected to face the front door but all I saw were big, scary moving things! My meowmy had warned me against them when I was little. She said a lot of cats got hit by big, scary moving things. I ran as fast as I could away from them but I had got barely two metres when I saw a cute little human run out onto the road completely unaware of the big, scary moving things. I raced faster than I probably could to save her. I got to her just in time and pushed her off the road. She fell on the nature strip next to the road and I fell on top of her. I was fine and jumped off her but I don’t think she was so lucky. Is it normal for humans to have two elbows on one arm? I went out onto the road cautiously and jumped onto the next big, scary moving thing. The human pulled over to the side of the road and got out of their car. They picked me up and stroked me and I loved it. I closed my eyes and… wait, NO! My eyes snapped open and I meowed and turned my head to look at the girl. The human must have understood because she went over to the girl and called an ambulance. It was then that I realised - I had saved her life. By pushing her off the road, the big, scary thing had only hit her arm. The ambulance soon came and the girl went off in it, but I knew she was going to be OK. The human then turned to me and said something about finding my owner. (I’m not very fluent in human but I understand a few things) The human picked me up again and turned down a street and in less than a minute I was at my front door. That’s when I realised - I hadn’t travelled far from home at all and the human was a neighbour that I sometimes saw walk past my house. I snuck back in, demanded dinner (“Meow! Meow! It’s dinner time! Human, feed me, feed me! I’m hungry! Meow! Meow!”) and went to sleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!