The Farm Disaster

Once upon a time there was a girl named Emma, she lived in a small town in the country called windmill plains. It was a long way from any town. She lived with her mum, dad and sister Amelia. Their family lived on a farm with heaps of animals like horses, chickens, cows and 2
Kelpie dogs, Bella and Charlie. Emma went to a public school about 15 minutes away from her house. Every morning Emma would get up, get dressed and have breakfast. After that she would go outside and feed all of her animals before she caught the school bus from her farm. She would feed the horses hay, give the chickens the scraps, feed the cows hay and give the dogs a tin of food. She did these things every morning before school. But one day Emma was just finishing feeding her chickens when she saw the bus coming, so she quickly shut the gate, grabbed her school bag and ran to the bus. But when she shut the gate for the chicken coop, she didn’t realise that it didn’t quite shut it properly so all the chickens could get out of the cage. When Emma got home, she went to check her animals at her farm. When she got to the chicken coop, she saw that none of them were there, so she called her mum to tell her to help find and get them in. Emma also called her sister Amelia and her friend holly. 10 minutes later they all got to the farm and started looking around for the chickens. Amelia was looking behind the sheds and found a whole bunch of chickens, so she called the others to go to her and get them in before it got dark. Most of the chickens were in their cage but there were still a few more to get in so they tried to get them in even faster because it was getting dark. Soon after they were all in, so they all headed back to Emma’s house to have dinner and watch a movie. Emma couldn’t thank the others any more than she did. After that day Emma learnt that she has to be more careful with what she is doing and to manage her time, so she isn’t late.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!