Angry Forest

Thwack! “Another precious, poor tree cut down!” thought the innocent little boy. Thwa-… The miserable boy couldn’t bear to hear another tree being cut down. He raced to the lake and pitied the valuable trees’ luck as the lake’s waves crashed down onto the sandy floor. Hearing the axe hit the tree was agonising but witnessing the dreadful act was... “Lenny, we have to leave. Where are you?”….unimaginable pain!He pulled himself up as he left the picturesque lake, exhausted from all he had seen.
The following day Lenny plucked up the courage to return to the forest. He desperately wanted to be able talk with the trees to see if he could help, but the sad reality was that they can’t cry for help. Not a sound to show distress or a plea for mercy. “Oh yes we do!” came a deep voice from thin air. Lenny looked around, confused.
“I am a tree!” came the same voice but more annoyed. Lenny immediately understood. But then what were all the rumours about? The trees talked all about how they understood his feelings on deforestation and wanted to take revenge on the villagers. They thought about putting ghosts in the forest so villagers wouldn’t be able to come and chop down trees. The plan would be put into action the subsequent day. Lenny peacefully slept, knowing of this plan.
The next day, the villagers set off to the forest to cut wood. Lenny’s dad stumbled upon the ghosts and fainted, but Lenny scurried away to see how the other villagers would react. Some followed Lenny, some fainted while some others screamed. To those who were still there and conscious, the ghosts warned the villagers to discontinue chopping down trees. This statement sent the villagers running and warning others. Some came back to collect their folks who had fainted, but approached with caution.
Lenny was finally satisfied because the villagers were staying away from the forest by using other resources for their work. Although they weren’t coming any more, Lenny was still angry that there were very few trees compared to what they had before.
The young boy devoted a whole day to planting new trees for the forest. Lenny’s dad realised what he was doing was wrong, and was immensely proud when his son made this decision to plant new trees.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!