HTE TNICSH

‘What do we have here lads?’ Questioned Brady, ‘Who’s this twerp that enters our territory?’ He gave the new boy a push and he landed on the concrete looking frightened. Richard was a French boy and he had not been taught English because he was withdrawn from school and was taught by private tutors.
‘I mama…’ he faltered and bent his head ashamed of himself.
‘Goo-goo gaga,’ taunted Brady babyishly. ‘Go home to mama and climb into her lap.’ He laughed and took his followers with him.
Richard sighed heavily and put his face in his hands as a gentle hand lay on his shoulder. He whipped his head to face her and backed away from the pretty girl in front of him.
‘Ne vous inquiétez pas pour eux. Ils sont juste des brutes et des saccades.’ She whispered soothingly. He stared at her turquoise blue eyes, her delicate nose and her silky blonde hair in awe as he realised she was talking in French.
He didn’t know what to say so he just muttered, ‘Thank you.’ And he ran away into the corridor.
She watched after him as he disappeared into a classroom only to be pushed back fiercely by a familiar hand. ‘Why does it always have to be Brady?’ She groaned angrily as she ran towards them…
‘Alors comment était ta journée?’ Questioned Richard’s mum, Olivia. ‘Horrible!’ Came the reply, ‘Il y a ce garçon vraiment grossier appelé Brady et il m'a gratté avec une règle.Voir?’ He showed her the long scar on the back of his arm and winced.
‘Je vais au principal!’ She exclaimed hysterically. ‘Je ne tolère pas que mon fils unique soit blessé lors de son premier jour d'école par un tyran fou.’
At that word Richard gasped because that word was very dangerous and he didn’t want to be labelled a snitch for telling on the most popular kid on the first day of school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!